plexus2 can be used to power web sites and/or databases for Internet (World Wide Web, or external) sites and intranet (internal) sites.
If you need to power an intranet site, or deliver information from your own servers, your best option is to purchase a plexus2 Server Pack and host it yourself. If you have more typical web site requirements, and don't need to operate your own server, you may prefer to purchase a plexus2 Hosting Pack. Further information on plexus2 Hosting Packs can be found under Purchase Options.
The pre-requisites for hosting plexus2 are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or later (requires licence from Microsoft)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0 or later (included with Microsoft Windows Server)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (available from Microsoft Download Center)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or later (including Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express, which is available from www.microsoft.com/express/Database) - can be installed on a separate server if required
- Licence for plexus2
- 4GB RAM
- Sufficient hard disk space to house the operating system, Microsoft SQL Server, databases and uploaded documents (typically, a minimum of around 35GB)
- Connection with sufficient bandwidth to Internet, or local area network (LAN), as appropriate
There are many ways of satisfying these requirements, including:
- use of an existing server or group of servers, and
- installation of a new dedicated server.
These servers can be physical, virtual, or a combination thereof, and can be located on the Internet and/or your local area network, depending on your objectives. We offer a number of server packs and options to support the various modes of operation.
Pre-emptive Strike can also supply both physical hardware and cloud-based platforms for use as plexus2 server nodes. Quotes for these items will be supplied upon request to email@example.com.